Wednesday 6 June 2007

Lisa Simpson and the London Olympics



Yes I am jumping on the bandwagon, but it's hideous!

It looks like some 80's kiddie stickers, don't get me wrong I love the 80's ironic revival thing going on at the moment, in fact I just love the 80's period! And it's not a bad idea to do something a little different.

But this logo just doesn't cut it (actually it might, it's got some sharp edges), it takes some time to work out what it is actually suppose to stand for, the london caption with no capital looks like some hasty addition like somebody remembered at the last minute that it had to mention London.

The website is even worse, the whole design makes it look like some bad 80's kiddie programme on acid.

In fact, it's even dangerous, about 16 people suffered epilectic fits while watching the short video that comes along with the lego, which looks like something straight out an 80's Japanese bad animation.

Sign the petion to get it scrapped, 49000 people have signed it so far, in 2 days!

http://www.gopetition.co.uk/sign.php?petid=12539

The worse thing is somebody said the logo looks like Lisa Simpson committing a lewd act on somebody and now I can't think of anything else when I look at it. Given that I live right next to the future site of the Games, I am going have nightmare visions a bit like the one below for the next 5 years. Great.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.